Sunday, October 3, 2010

Anectdote - Metaphors Are Liberating

ANECTDOTE-

One time a moth landed on my wrist.  I almost killed it because I like butterflies , not moths.  I looked at the moth... I looked at it a long time, and soon grew soft.  I embraced the moth instead of crushing it.  I put the moth on my shoulder to allow it to see what I see, to feel what I feel.  The moth smiled... it gave me butterflies; I am happy.  Then it chewed a whole through the center of my shirt... and flew away.  I never saw the moth again.  But one day it will return, but I may not have the same shirt anymore.

4 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your an awesome poet!! I enjoy reading your posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do not like moths in my house

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm . . . I don't know if this was suppose to or not but I just died laughing.

    ReplyDelete